Thursday, December 06, 2012

I Admire and I am Thankful

this is one i wrote on 13 March 2011. I am in Japan.I do not know what will happen tomorrow. But remember, even in malaysia, you dont know what will happen tomorrow. But in this situation of disaster and emergency, i think i am atleast lucky to be in this country compared to in any other country because the empathy and sympathy towards each other is admirable. Vending machines selling canned drinks were free flow on the day of the earthquake, but everyone only drank the amount they needed and didnt try to rob the vending machines to zero. it made me wonder if it would be the same in Malaysia? Public phones were free immediately since the reception of mobile phones the all jammed up. lines were extremely long but people were still thinking of others when using the phones. My university, which is Meiji University keep sending information and updates to all of us especially foreign students. it is all very admirable. Lecturers and staffs email us all the time, calling us, asking how i am faring. For the roof i have now, for the people i have around me now, for the electricity i have now, for the internet connection i have now, for the food i have now, for the water i have now, for the wishes i received now, for the words of encouragement i have now. I admire and i am thankful. .

No comments: